Monday, October 22, 2012

Wicked!

I have found my new favorite place to do crafts. It's call The Wood Connection. They have ALL kinds of projects you can do there. For my first project I chose the word 'Wicked' with a small witch hat to decorate. It was the first of October so I thought it would be appropriated. :) I bought the letters and paper for under $20. The letter are a LOT bigger then you think. I sanded the letters so they would be a little bit more smooth. I laid the letters on the paper I wanted for each letter and traced around them with pencil. I cut out all the traced letters from the paper and set them aside. I then painted the letters all black. Next I  put mod podge on the front of the letters and carefully laid the paper on top. I then smooth out the paper. Make sure there are no bubbles or wrinkles. Wait until it is completely dry. Then you add more mod podge on top of the paper. It kind of seals it. And you are done IF you want to stop there. I blotted a little bit of black paint around the edges. You can add ribbon jewels glitter or what ever you like! Now for the witch hat I just painted it black and added a purple ribbon. Again you can do more with it if that is what you like.
Here is the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment